Expanding family

Relationship advice I am wanting advice, my husband and I have 2 beautiful kids when we first discussed having children we agreed that 3 kids no more so all along that has been the plan we have been through a rough couple of years and it hasn't been the right time for another child we now have our life back on track and when I bought up the subject of possibly having another kids in maybe a year year and a half he said no we aren't having another and I was gutted he said he is too old I am 31 he is 39, so I completely understand where he is coming from and I respect that and when I have tried to discuss it with him his only response is just be happy with what you have got I still have my heart set on another child and even after months I am still struggling to come to terms with the fact I will never have another child,what I really want to know is am I being unreasonable to my husband by still wanting another kid? Has anyone else been through something similar, I just feel as though after planning on having 3 kids and then him changing his mind (even though the age thing I really do understand) I feel like he should of discussed it with me I'm feeling as though the decision has been taken completely out of my hands and I have no say and it is eating me away inside am I wrong for feeling this way or do I just find a way to deal with it he will not discuss it with me

Expanding family

Have you really done a self examination as to why you have this driving force inside to have another child? How old are your two children? Are they moving away from you and gaining independence so you don’t feel as needed as much? That’s the time that mom can turn back to dad and start a new and vibrant relationship with each other. Is that happening?

I don’t mean to be flippant but consider getting a puppy or some thing that might occupy your mind and give you some fun in your life. This is also a time where you could go back to school or start to develop a hobby or reconnect with girlfriends for some activities. Consider volunteering at a local school or day care center, or hospital.

Let’s continue to talk about it . Perhaps there’s something else going on in your life.

Expanding family

I, too, am curious as to why you're gutted about not having another child.

I don't think you're too old. But...it's not like having 2 kids isn't a perfectly decent number. What is it about a third that somehow makes things better?