I don't want to cheat, but i've fancied this other guy since I was 10

THINKINGOFSIM profile image
S-e-x advice I've been with my boyfriend for 7 years and we have lived together for the last 2 years. We met when we were 16 and he's the only person I've ever been with. He's my best friend in every way and I love the relationship we have. We are both happy (we've obviously had our ups and downs over the years) and we have a good sex life. I reckon he will be the guy I marry and have a family with.

However, I often find myself fantasising over another guy that I've fancied since I was 10. We used to be good friends and I always fancied him (and he liked me) but nothing ever happened between us. On our last day of high school we made a pact that we would get together one day, however I then met my boyfriend not long after that and have been with him ever since. Over the years we've chatted here and there, often a bit flirty, and I think about him ALOT. I don't want a relationship with him as we are very different people with different interests, but I've just always wanted to sleep with him. The other day I bumped into him and we had a chat and then sent some flirty messages. It felt thrilling and exciting, but at the same time I felt guilty as I don't want to hurt my partner.

I don't know what to do and I know that I'm in the wrong, but it's been a fantasy of mine for so long and I feel as though I'm always going to be thinking of him. I literally just want to sleep with him to get the urges out of the way, but I can't do that without cheating. I considered talking to my partner, but he is a very jealous and paranoid person that I just don't think it would go down very well. I do love him and everything about our relationship, but my sexual urges towards this other guy are so strong. I've only ever slept with my partner and just don't want to regret that in 20 years time. Any advice on how to handle this?

CHAMPAGNE profile image
What u are going through is normal, but very avoidable. That feeling of trying something new, crazy adventures, and thinking maybe u could get it better out there....
I think the cause of this fantasy is because of the flirty chats u usually have with this other guy... He probably told u things u dreams of doing during sex.. or told u he's a sex expert...
When it comes to sex there are no champions, if your guy, Love's u and do satisfy u on bed there's no need for a new dick......
Don't hurt his feelings, try new things on bed with him, experiment with him, and stop getting flirty with the other guy.... always talk about your guy when he brings up flirty discussions........ Don't spoil your long time love with just a few minutes of sex with another guy....

You said: “We are very different people with different interests”

He’s just “forbidden fruit” and the fantasy is so much better than reality.

Return attention to your guy and be sure that relationship is everything you need to hold your attention.