To all the straight men: Do you like it when women play hard to get?

NEW GIRL profile image
Relationship advice I hear some men say they prefer a woman not to play hard to get. But I hear some say they like it. Here is my story:
So I am not the kind of girl who likes to play hard to get. If anything, I'm the opposite - I play easy to get. I am so weak for my crushes and cannot resist, so it is so hard to do so. BUT that does not mean I am clingy. I could so easily avoid that as I am so shy and careful around my crushes. I try to be very nice and friendly to them and show interest when I have feelings for them. However, I don't know if it's me, but that seems to turn them off. A couple of guys I knew approached me and has shown interest while I was developing feelings. The moment I fully develop feelings for them and finally show some interest back, they somehow shy away. Did I do anything wrong in that regard? What could I have done to keep a guy comfortable around me?

Becoming too serious too soon is a turn off in a relationship. Everyone likes a little challenge and a little excitement at the beginning of a relationship. By showing your feelings too soon you take all the mystery out of the relationship and may come off as being needy.

Guys like to pursue their women so hold yourself back at all times, Especially with sex at the beginning of a relationship..

Can you think of a reason why you react so soon? Could it be that you are afraid of not being liked or of being alone?

Remember: Men are the frosting on the cake. They are not the whole cake.

Develop yourself as a strong woman and then you will consider men as just something to enhance an already full life.

NEW GIRL profile image
Well, I am not sure whether it's too soon as it's typically few days. And as I said, I am not clingy, I just act nice and show little that I like them. I do this because I thought that if I don't show interest then he will think I don't want him then move on. It's just all so stupid.

If this is happening repeatedly, obviously you’re overdoing it.

You should be able to see if this is a pattern of behavior Of your own making.

NEW GIRL profile image
It only happened twice but I still needed to know what was going on. Few other guys I were rejecting would refuse to leave me alone.

I actually prefer a gal that does NOT play hard to get. In the dating stage, it is prudent to wait a bit before becoming physically intimate. I would actually recommend waiting for marriage, but in today's day and age, that is a rarity.

So after you have waited, to make sure the relationship is worthwhile and you decide to become intimate it is (in my opinion) in poor taste to start playing the "hard to get" role. A relationship with mutual love and respect has no place in it for manipulation and mind games, physical intimacy is the ultimate expression of love and should not be coupled with such things.

NEW GIRL profile image
Thanks for your advice.
Also, I do dream of getting married to have kids sometimes. But right now I don't mind dating. I get with guys that make me happy and vice versa. I really hate the idea of playing hard to get, but at the same time, I try my best to be careful and not appear clingy. I used to show interest after a couple days back when I was young, but right now it takes me about a week or so to both develop feelings and express them. I hope being a little vague doesn't seem like playing hard to get because if anything, I was just trying to be careful.