Feeling all alone

BARLILY profile image
Im a quiet type of person. Now im trying to get out of that zone but it's not an easy thing to do. I don't have lots of friends. I feel like Im not easy to have friends because im not talkative. Im feeling all alone and im getting depressed. We have a group chat with my co-choir members, i celebrated my birthday but none of them greeted me on our group chat. Im just thinking maybe they weren't notified on facebook or they got notified but they were too busy. It's ok for me that time, but when another of our choir member celebrated her birthday, they greet her and that's when i feel envious. I don't ignore them. I am nice to them. And here i am feeling worthless. Sometimes im feeling like my existence isn't worthy at all.

Feeling all alone

No harm in trying to get out there more, and make some friends. Also, don't read too much into peoples behavior.

Feeling all alone

JANUARY profile image
Hi BarLily!
I'm so sorry that you're struggling with this issue. Believe me when I say that I too have struggled with this issue from childhood. I was so shy it crippled me, especially in groups in school, and in teen years. I literally was afraid to talk. Afraid of rejection. Afraid of being made fun of. I was even shy with my own family. The root of this problem stems from rejection and abandonment issues, as well as anxiety, in your life somewhere. Reflect over your lifetime and try to figure out when this started for you--who rejected you; what were the circumstances; etc. There may be unforgiveness being held against someone, even anger or bitterness. Forgiving people is the first step, and then trying to achieve peace inside yourself. There are some self help steps you can practice, to begin to build your self confidence and self esteem. There are also online support groups, lots on facebook. Here is a link that I hope will be helpful to you. https://www.succeedsocially.com/positiveexercises