Is it just a crush or am I obsessed?

Hi, I work with this guy and I’ve been crushing on him for over a year now. Whenever I’m in work I need to find out whether he is there and I will wander around the building until I see him. I like watching him as he’s doing his job and I will try and find any excuse I can to talk to him. We do chat using social media occasionally and he has said previously that nothing will happen and I accepted it. We are friends and we get on well but It’s like I’m obsessed with him, I can let this compulsions go and move on. I feel like a crazy person and I want to just be able to find the part of my brain where he lives and destroy it. I’m struggling to cope with the amount of time I spend obsessing over him.

Is it just a crush or am I obsessed?

Sounds obsessive to me

Is it just a crush or am I obsessed?

It’s OK to have a crush but the fact that you are even starting to doubt yourself indicates that you know you have crossed the line. Can you identify what the big attraction is? He has told you that this will not go anywhere, yet you seem to try to create reality from fantasy. This is taking up a lot of your time and energy. If you didn’t have this obsession in your life what would you be doing? Besides, you are probably missing signals from other men who would like to have a relationship with you. Try to stop yourself from this focus. If you can’t, you may need to have to talk to someone or a therapist.

Is it just a crush or am I obsessed?

I’m massively aware of my capacity to cross the line here, and it’s like I enjoy playing with the line. I honestly don’t know what the big attraction is, I just want him. I’m not even sure if I want a relationship with anyone. I’m finding it so hard to remove him from my mind, I have major obsessive tendencies anyway but this is exhausting me and could get me in a massive amount of trouble