Should I switch schools?

I am currently attending a school which is strongly based on academics. The reason I am attending is because it gives me the opportunity to obtain a high-level academic diploma which could help my chances of getting into college. I am challenged (in a good way) in all of my classes. I have great relationships with almost all of my teachers, except for one, my foreign language teacher. I have this class first hour every day and for various reason we do not get along. They are a very optimistic person and are almost always smiling (you can tell even under the mask). They are also very talkative and in my opinion a bit "happy go lucky". I am, in contrast, very closed off and don't like talking to people very much. Whenever I go to their class I am filled with a sense of dread. I find foreign language to be somewhat boring and confusing but I understand the necessity of it and try to pay attention and be engaged in class, at least as much as I can muster on a given day. However this teacher makes it particularly difficult for me to find any use in the class, which disappoints me because I really do want to at least know some of the foreign language I am learning, knowing that it will probably help me later on in life. I understand that sometimes in life you must put up with people you don't like, but I feel this teacher has really hurt my passion for learning. There are a few comments they has made regarding my work that made me feel bad about the class (some were valid in my opinion, others I did not really understand or I thought were less important). I am not able to drop the class seeing that languages are a four year course at my school and I am in my third year there. This is a difficult situation for me because I love all my other teachers and classes. If I went to the other school, I would still be able to take challenging classes, but the final tests would be different (not a big problem for me) and I would not get the special diploma (what I am most nervous about). Should I go to the other school, or should I suck it up and stay at my current school?

Should I switch schools?

Suck it up and plow on. This person is not going to be the last or only person that irritates you. Learn to shut out the irritation. Get what you need from this class and school. The benefits outweigh your short lived discomfort! Good luck.