How to deal with a jealous friend?

YOUTHANALYSIS499 profile image
A friend introduced me to her best friend and he seems to be closer with me. We hang out a lot and now she's often rude to me. She’s always busy, so him and I have been hanging out while she’s away. When she sees us she’s often cold to me or won’t speak to me unless I speak to her. She treats him the same though and tries to isolate me whenever she gets a chance to. I’m not really hurt, it’s just awkward lol but it needs to stop. This is immature behavior and we’re all in our early 20s. I haven’t known either of them for very long. But they’ve known each other for years. Him and I have a playful "fuck you" type of banter, so when she's rude to me he playfully joins in without realizing she's serious. What do I do?

How to deal with a jealous friend?

Recognize that these two have history - and yes, she is probably jealous (hurt) that now it seems like her place is taken. A question is: why hang around any of them? It sounds like there is stress in the group and you have lost one of the two people involved. BRW - this guy may enjoy all the excitement and attention. Has he ever tried to sooth feelings between you and her? Want all that drama? Free yourself and get new friends.

How to deal with a jealous friend?

She is probably jealous, and doesn't know how to handle the new dynamic with you being the new person Not sure what to do here, it may dissipate if you add more people to the group - then she may see that you are not trying to make her jealous at all!