Can't let go of the past, should i seek therapy?

NOTAJUDGE profile image
I don't know if it's cabin fever or the lack of friendships but I find myself thinking of the past too often. The what if? And shoulda coulda woulda. Usually when I speak on it, people say it's normal and to move on. I do and for a while I do well, but then it creeps up like roaches in a dumpster in the back of a buffet restaurant. It doesn't just cross my mind it will take over my mood and sometimes ruin half my day. I thought it was something i worked through, but it comes back. Similar to a haunting nightmare only more petty than crucial. Is this normal? Do others go through this?

Yes, others do this so it’s not unusual. But it doesn’t take over that much time in their head. Usually, people can let go or the memory dissipates over time. Having a “that was what it was then” attitude helps. You are not the same person today. Find a counselor who can help you resolve these issues from the past so you can leave them behind. Life is short. Help yourself make it a pleasant journey.

GROWTHDAILY3443 profile image
Ive been doing this myself when it comes to relationship's. After almost 4 years Im still trying to figure out if I made the right decision not moving in with an ex, if I should have stayed with a great guy I was attracted to, or if the man Im with now is the right choice. I wild suggest therapy because that is what Im seeking now.