My parents are understandably upset and I could use some advice

Hi, I'm 16/F. I'm afraid I have to begin this post with a confession. Back during summer break, I was responsible for a car accident that severely injured two people in the other vehicle involved. I was lucky enough to walk away with some bruises, but they had to be taken to the hospital in an ambulance. The accident was a result of the fact that I'd been texting while driving and also speeding. Once the police finished their investigation, I was charged with two counts of vehicular assault. Fast forward to last Friday. I had to go to juvenile court to learn my fate. The judge sentenced me to three months in juvenile detention. The reason I'm not there right now is because I was shown a little bit of leniency. Since this is mid-terms week and since I've always been a good student, her Honor is allowing me to remain free until Friday evening. But once school ends that day and Christmas vacation begins, I have to report to the county juvenile detention center to begin serving my sentence. Christmas, New Year's, my seventeenth birthday...I'm gonna be spending them all in jail. I own the fact that what I did was stupid, reckless, and criminal. I feel absolutely horrible about what I've done and I know I deserve my punishment. My parents have been furious with me ever since the accident. I know I betrayed their trust horribly and I hate how strained our relationship is right now. I want to show them, not just tell them, how sorry I am and that I've learned from this mistake and will never be so stupid ever again. But how can I do that? Any advice anyone may have will be greatly appreciated. I need to start getting ready for school. I don't know if I'll get any replies to this post before tomorrow, but I promise I will read them all once I'm released. Thank you all for listening. Writing all this out has made me feel a little better, I think.

There is no quick fix here. It is going to take an extended period of time, in which you'll have to continually prove that you are acting more responsibly.

This is such a sad story.! I can’t imagine the pain this has caused for your entire family and all the people affected. You do seem to acknowledge your responsibility in it all and are accepting the consequences facing you. I commend you for that. Your folks must be beside themselves with worry about the other people, about you and your future, and even about possible financial repercussions in the future. All those worries may be perceived as being “ angry” with you. Is the family going to counseling? It’s really important that the entire family have a setting where emotions can be expressed. After all, there is a future to consider after you have served the required time. Healing is going to be important. Hugs to you. And your folks. Get some help to navigate the entire family thru this.