Bed time disagreement between husband / wife

NANCY
- Sep 27 2012 at 22:12
Member since: Sep 2012
Relationship advice Allen and I have been married almost 30 years. We get along very well, better than most of our friends. But this issue has been a problem for at least 10 years. My husband chooses to stay up and watch TV, usually fallng asleep on the couch. I go to bed around 11 and have to get up at 6. We both work. He gets up at 6:30. When he comes to bed, often at 1 or 2, it wakes me up. I hear him in the bathroom, the dogs wake up and move around, and I often can't go back to sleep. We actually talked to a counselor about this, years ago, and my husband said he agreed it was not good for our relationship, or his health, and he has promised over and over to stop doing this, but he always goes back to it. Our youngest child is now in college and 2 weeks ago I started sleeping in his room. I'm getting more sleep, but I go to bed irratated with my husband, and not happy about having to sleep in another room. I'm honestly as upset with him promising over and over to stop the late night TV, and not following through, as I am about the sleep issue. I don't know if I should continue to sleep in the other room or put up with waking up and not sleeping.

KIYA
- Sep 28 2012 at 05:16
Member since: Aug 2012
Nancy I often get into it with my fiance on a regular about the same hing to be honest i am in your husbands position i try and fall asleep at the same time he does and i cant and we both have to get up i have bad insomnia i can be up sometimes for 24 hrs and my man gets

So mad he sleeps in the basement or our bed room has ur husband ever been diagnosed with insomnia if not maybe he should.

KIYA
- Sep 28 2012 at 06:09
Member since: Aug 2012