Long Life Friend---should I Date Him?

DREAM
on Jan 9 2014 at 05:36
Relationship advice forum category advice forum category I have been friends with this guy since when I was first grade we both are very good friends such as sisters and brothers kind of a friendship. Later on, in middle school I have had received some kind of feelings for him but i ignored it and continued with my life. In high school he had questioned me about having sex with him and I rejected him because I didn't feel comfortable. Although during my junior and senior year of high school I have started thinking about dating him and we have talked about it briefly, he asked me if we should but i decided not to because the most important thing was that I was afraid to lose him as my good friend since elementary school. Last night we had a really emotional conversation which he confessed that he have had liked on and off me since fourth grade. I didn't really know that and I think he loves me as much than anybody would. I would want to try to date him but my only one fear is that what would happen would we last forever or lose our special friendship? Please help.
Long Life Friend---Should I date him?
on Jan 9 2014 at 13:59
You have nothing to lose by moving from the friend-zone to something more IF you feel that way about him. It's really up to you.

Go slow. Don't talk about "love", just let your relationship grow into something more.

And don't have sex right away. He needs to show you that he thinks more of you than just as a sex partner.

Long Life Friend---Should I date him?
MANALONE
on Jan 9 2014 at 14:04
If this guy is right for you, there would be no questions about him and you together in a relationship. In other words, you wouldn't be here on this forum.

No questions about whether this or whether that...just no doubt whatsoever about this guy....none.

If you have fear, even if it's the "only one fear", as you state, then you have doubt and hesitation.