Ex wished me??? What should I do? Help!!

Hi. I was dumped in a LDR 5 months ago. We went NC immediately. I never contacted him and vice versa. Last Saturday, he texted me, wishing me Happy New Year and hope i'm doing just fine. Should I be a sport and reply him thanks? but deep down it's eating me up. I try not to think and associate anything... I'm still healing... What do you think I should do? I know it's nothing special and I'm so stupid...

He dumped you - and now texts you happy new year greetings (late) He's bored or just testing the waters and wants to see if you are still open to a realtionship. Only you can answer that. But surely, you don't trust him any more. Not someone who DUMPED you and put you through so much pain.

it's so hard and confusing. one hand i fear the risk of never hearing from him ever again and the hurt he put me through, my pride is telling me he ought to do more...but i also fear that this is nothing...oh gosh...

Well, sometimes it takes two wacks with a bat to start seeing things clearly. Go ahead and try it again - if you think you MUST. But surely, there are some trust issues that you will have with him right from the get-go. What did YOU learn from being dumped? (Hey, I speak from experience. I got dumped and he married TWO months later. I hear he is miserable. That's what he deserves. My lesson was to never be that vulnerable again to another man. I am wiser now in my new relationship with a much better man.)

ok, i did the worst. I replied the text cheerfully. No reply from him. Guess this is it. somehow i'm hurt.

You got your answer. That was cruel of him to bait you like that.

Nothing gained, nothing lost. count your blessings and get on with your life and let the chips fall where they may. life is a place to learn so do just that. An after thought, maybe his new love got your message to him and tore it up. ?????????????????????????????????????????