I'm always angry what do I do

ANGERGIRL95
on Mar 17 2014 at 15:51
Violence & Crime advice im 18 years old ever since i was a little girl ive had major anger issues it all started after my 8th bday and my grandfather died that day of lung cancer every time someone says something that ticks me off i get instanly angry and get in their face i feel like punching them even though ive never been in jail i have had to go to court mandated anger management but it never helps im 18 now ao if i hit a minor i can go to jail i really need to tips on how to handle my anger

I'm always angry what do I do

on Mar 17 2014 at 16:23
It's really good that you want to deal with this. That's 90% of the battle - not wanting to be like this.

Can you get counseling for this?

There are techniques to use when you get a "trigger" that sets you off. And there are medications that help with your anxiety.

I know you blame that one incident, but I suspect it was the reactions of the adults around you that really frightened you and you lashed out because you were afraid. Plus, you may feel anger about being "abandoned" by your grandfather. Children often feel that way when a parent or grandparent dies. Please get some help - good luck.

I'm always angry what do I do

MOUNTAIN
on Mar 17 2014 at 16:33
Hi firstly I am sorry about your grandad. Well done for posting here. It is an important topic and you may be helping others by voicing it.

How is your life at present going?

Do you do drugs?

Do you play video games?

What are your plans for the future/ college/work?

Do you play a sport?

The above questions may make things clearer as to the cause and possibly lead to the solution.

You have to be honest with yourself. Who are you angry with? Isn't really yourself? Try not to panic you are defending or reacting to something.

You do not want to go to jail, it will only lead to more anger.

I think private counseling will help and then group counseling.

You are not on your own....

I'm always angry what do I do

ANGERGIRL95
on Mar 19 2014 at 15:52
so my life right now is going good ive been dating this great guy for 1 month and im really happy when im with him i dont feel angry or mad im happy i dont do drugs i dont really play video games well except gta5 and it helps me with my anger. i dont drink i dont smoke. now i feel like being with him helps me deal with my anger i havent been in any fights for 1 month which is the time ive been with my boyfriend he really has been amazing

I'm always angry what do I do

on Mar 19 2014 at 19:34
Your life is going good RIGHT NOW but what about in the future when you have to confrnt a challenge?