Ex girlfriend announces pregnancy, after 7 months

Relationship advice A friend of mine had a long term relationship with a girl for about a year, during this relationship she already had a young child, who's father was from another previous relationship.. This girl has a name for being promisicous and has reportedly my friend as being 'more than likely' the father this time. My friend is adimant that he doesn't even want to know if he is the father, and if he is, doesn't want to be involved anyway.. As someone who knows a few people who have fallen pregnant and been abandonded by the father, I feel this is the wrong decision, so would like people's opinions on the situation to see if I jsut have a bias opinion.

I think it is wrong .....

However it happens all the time, I know alot of girls it happened too.

I guess he should have been more careful and should have been using protection.....

Well, BOTH of them are to blame for this mess. It's a sad fact the boys don't think about birth control much. They think it's the girl's responsibility. After one child, you would think she would be more careful, too. Did she deliberately do this?

He has stated his position. He does not want anything to do with this problem pregnancy. She will have to wait until the birth, then get a test to see if he is the father. The most she can even expect is a financial commitment, and don't count on that either. He could just take off. In the meantime, he should not let her threaten him.

And a child will suffer by being born to a foolish mother and an absent father.