Flunked out of college

ANNONYMOUSBOY
on Jun 16 2014 at 21:35
Member since: 16 June 2014
Emotional advice I just flunked out of college recently, this has happened twice now and I don't know what to do. I have no degree and feel hopeless. I feel my entire life has come to an abrupt end and don't know what to do next.I feel ashamed, disappointed and depressed.

Flunked out of college

DEARYME
on Jun 17 2014 at 10:03
Member since: 16 June 2014
What were you in college for? Who chose whatever direction you were going into? What is it that you'd like to do for a living, given any option?

Flunked out of college

ANNONYMOUSBOY
on Jun 17 2014 at 10:21
Member since: 16 June 2014
I was doing civil engineering, thought the course was exciting and also because its a scarce skill where I'm come from. I lost enthusiasm in it and found it boring. I really don't think I wanna go back to college.

Flunked out of college

on Jun 17 2014 at 13:05
College is not for everyone. BUT, you must find something to do.

Perhaps you need to get into the work force for a while. Explore the outside world and see what interests you.

Then you will be more focused.

PS - don't go into a study field just because it is "scarce". If you are going to spend all those years in study for a certain field, make sure it's something that interests you. That's why i suggested you travel or get a job. You just don't know yourself yet. )

Flunked out of college

SHIVANGI
on Jun 17 2014 at 13:51
Member since: 24 April 2014
Try career guidance. You probably tried a field which you don't have an aptitude for.

Flunked out of college

PSYCH
on Jun 18 2014 at 21:50
Member since: 18 June 2014
Going to university is one of the hardest things as it's made up of stress, self doubt and breakdowns. It took me 28 years of age until I enrolled as I knew it would have been too much. I found out that approximately

50% of students suffer from anxiety and or depression as it is such a hard time. I always compare myself to those around me and feel they are doing so much better. The truth is, their not and you had the tenacity to brush yourself off and keep trying. Maybe this isn't your time and your calling. Have you considered another option like doing some temporary stuff? Volunteer in the field your interested in, join a group but most importantly, talk to either friends, a counsellor or even a career counsellor. You worked harder than most. You fail when you stop getting back up and trying again regardless of what you try next. X