PeoplesProblems Logo

I just don't know what to do anymore

Default profile image
Ok well there's a guy that I've known for two years. I really like him, and he's told me multiple times that he feels the same way; but the only problem is he just disappears sometimes. We'll talk for a few months and then he'll just stop talking to me for a week or two. Then, he'll come back. It's been about 4 months since I've talked to him this time.

I really miss him. We never said goodbye or anything. I just can't get rid of this feeling that things aren't over yet. There's a 99% chance that he's over me...but it's that 1% that keeps me believing he'll come back. I want to talk to him. I want to at least tell him how I really feel. I never got to tell him. Maybe if I do talk to him he'll tell me he's moved on, and I can finally get over him.

The problem that I'm having is deciding whether or not I should try to talk to him. Do you think I should? Or would it make things worse for me?

I just don't know what to do anymore

Default profile image
That does sound troubling.

If you two are both interested, this is something you should talk to him about, especially if you want to step over the line of "just friends".
You need to know if he will stay or keeping doing the same thing if you two do end up dating soon, because that wouldn't make for a happy or healthy relationship.

If you confront him about it, who knows: you could get the answer you hope for, or maybe even the one you were hoping you wouldn't get.

In relationships (even potential ones) communication is important, and if how you feel isn't very valuable to him, then I think you should try to find another guy who does respect that.

And besides... If you do talk it out with him, you'll have a solid answer to confirm or deny those feeling you have.

I just don't know what to do anymore

Default profile image
I suggest you do not contact him. If/when he contacts you tell him that though you really like him you need more consistency from him and if he can not do that then you need him to just say out of your life because the coming in and then going out is too hard for you.

That way it gives a clear message and your emotions no longer have to ride the roller coaster.

This thread has expired - why not start your own?

B-0