I'm a 30yr old man who has never been kissed or even held hands with a woman

LILJ
- Aug 31 2014 at 17:19
Member since: Aug 2014
Relationship advice Hi, could really do with some advice, I'm a 30yr old man soon to be 31, I've never been on a date and never even asked a girl out before. I have always been too scared I find it hard to tell the difference between a girl being friendly and interested I not great socially so don't even know how you should ask a girl for her number I'm feeling extremely upset regarding my lack of experience and could really do with some advice. Any help would be appreciated

MANALONE
- Aug 31 2014 at 23:57
Member since: Dec 2013
LilJ, when the right woman comes along, you'll know it. It won't matter what she looks like, it'll be who she is inside that counts. She'll share your values and after you meet her, you'll ask yourself just what all the hassle was about in the first place.

In the meantime, put yourself out there where you can be seen.

SOULMATE (moderator)
- Sep 1 2014 at 12:12
Member since: Aug 2014
LILJ, I agree with MANALONE. Plus you're actually not half as rare as you think you are. Usually what's at the bottom of it is extreme pickiness (nothing wrong with that) with fear confused for simple reticence, and, as Manalone implies, once your path crosses with "the one" (or one of them), you'll not only feel it (as will she) but won't have to think or know how to do A THING: your inner animal will mutineer you and do it all for you..."swept away"... doing it naturally like you're a pro.

The other good news is that at your age/stage Like Attracts Like, meaning it's wholly probable the woman concerned will have the same or very similar experience (or lack of) to your own.

M/alone is also right about having to get out and about as much as possible (to ensure said paths get to cross). It's a numbers game.

- Sep 1 2014 at 16:10
Member since: Dec 2013
Of course the "one" is out there - but what are you doing to make this all happen?

Do you belong to any church, hobby, interest, or sports groups? You are going to have to get involved with people. If that step is extremely difficult for you, then something is of concern.

Perhaps you have a social anxiety that prevents you from promoting yourself. Seek counseling or life coaching services to help you get out there.