Mixed signals

MAXMCC
on Sep 9 2014 at 20:46
Member since: 22 July 2014
Relationship advice I have recently become reacquainted with my childhood sweetheart. We dated for three years in our mid teens then went our separate ways. I met and had 3 children with someone else and that relationship ended in January after 14 years together. Since my relationship ended, I have seen my childhood sweetheart regularly and a couple of months ago we went out for drinks and ended up sleeping together. Afterwards, he told me he wasn't looking for a relationship so we went back to being friends. I was disappointed but accepted it and we have still been close as friends. Now I've found out that his family all believe that we are together, so much so that they're dropping hints about marriage and weddings. He didn't even deny that we were together when his father referred to me as his gf. I was so surprised that I stood there dumbstruck! Now I don't know what's going on! What do I do?

Mixed signals

on Sep 10 2014 at 00:17
You do nothing.

Teasing in this nature by family members is just that - a humorous discussion filler.

It must be embarrassing to your friend, and no wonder he backs away from a relationship. His family makes it difficult for him to function.

Smile and step back from this subject matter of marriage and weddings.

Mixed signals

CHLOE88
on Sep 10 2014 at 00:55
Member since: 10 September 2014
I agree, do nothing continue to remember his words. Men always tell you what you want to know and he made it clear. Continue looking for someone who wants and cares for you in a situation you don't have to question.

Mixed signals

MANALONE
on Sep 10 2014 at 03:10
To be frank, if the man wants and needs you to be his, then he knows where you are. If he doesn't, he'll find somebody else. His actions will speak either way. If you regard sleeping together after drinks as a relationship green button, then you may have to rethink your expectations.

You need to realize you cannot be his friend and then sleep with him and then expect something more from him. He's either a friend or a BF. He also needs to realize that he can't sleep with you (even after drinks) and then turn around and say he doesn't want a relationship with you. Disrespectful and selfish are two words which come to mind.

Nothing, not even a few drinks, gives us permission to play with each others emotions and personal expectations.