How to get over it

My boyfriend is in the military and we have been in a long distance relationship for the past year and a half. I had never even thought about the chance that he might fool around with other people but when i went there to visit him i saw some messages in his phone to his guy friend talking very explicitly about a girl that works at the gym he goes to. I asked him about it and he said it was just jokes and that all men do it when they talk to their other guy friends. I dont think he was cheating on me but i cant get over what he was saying about this girl. Do all men do this? How do i get over it?

How to get over it

Well, SOME men talk about women that way. Maybe guys in the military are more expressive since they are in such a masculine-proving environment and so women are extremely objectified.

You get over it by putting it in its place. Either this is foolishness and a joke like he said, or he sees women like this. His future actions should tell you.

Tell him it is disrespectful and you better never hear him talk gutter like that. He was foolish to leave that on his phone. Very immature and very disrespectful.