Too independent

I have been single for almost 8 years now and have no luck in maintaining a relationship and I never knew why. I am attractive, smart, well dressed, you know all the characteristics I thought men were attractive to. I had all but given up on having a meaningful relationship because apparently there was something terribly wrong with me and no one had the courage to tell me the truth. So finally, a family member sat me down and told me I am too independent, which absolutely made no sense to me. I grew up in a household where both parents taught me to be independent and self sufficient so I would never have to rely on anyone else to take care of me. I can maintain my own car, fix things around the house, etc. It never dawned on me that men could see this as a negative, I always felt being a strong, independent woman was a great trait.

Now, I can see how some men may find this off-putting, because he wouldn't see why I would have a need for him if I can already do everything for myself. My question is, how can I let go of the control? I never realized I was making them feel emasculated..

Too independent

Baldersash -!!

Find a new "pool" of men.

The kind of 'need' you want to fill is not whether or not you can change your own tire.

Too independent

Somewhere out there there will be a good man for you. Just be patient. However you might not need a man and be perfectly capable by yourself. It's your choice. Good luck!