Office trouble maker

Relationship advice Hi, I need some advice on a work related issue. A couple of weeks ago people in my office started approaching me telling me that a girl was spreading rumors about me and the guy she is dating. Apparently she saw us speaking in the cafeteria and said we were flirting. I thought it would blow over but i still continue to hear about it.I have worked with the guy for 8 years now and we have always had a friendly work relationship and have casual conversation frequently. I have always been extremely private at work and stay away from gossip and drama. It makes me furious that she is telling so many people this when i have made a good name for myself within the company. Should i report her to HR or will that make the situation worse?

Office trouble maker

What are the rumors?

If there is no activity between you two, then what does she base her rumors on?

Time reveals all. This should blow over as time goes on. Ignore or laugh off the rumors.

In the meantime, stay away from him except for necessary work talk. He needs to tell his wife to keep quiet, or HE could lose his job for spreading rumors about you.