Dishonest boss

Other advice I have been written up at work for "performance" related issues. I have made some mistakes, and I concede that I need to pay more attention to detail. My mistakes have been minor, I am an accountant. Spelling mistakes, wrong header, not updating my journal descriptions, and a couple of times not making the requested changes per my supervisors. While I agree that I can improve with regard to these issues... My boss is bent on making me look incompent. She has emailed me on issues that are clearly not mistakes, such as using wrong beginning balances..which is untrue, and easy to prove. And a few other instances where clearly no mistake has occurred. I have been reluctant to speak up because the one time I did, she would email and copy others on issues such as spelling errors, :recalls(autocorrect) instead of reclass, and very minor issues. I have a meeting tomorrow, but it am unwilling to sign the outlined offenses as is because some are untrue. I don't want to come across as combative, or make my work situation worse, but my boss is a liar. She is also not that bright. Her position came along with her tenure at the company. What do I do?

Dishonest boss

Sounds like you are in a profession where details are of utmost importance. "Spelling mistakes, wrong header, not updating my journal descriptions, and a couple of times not making the requested changes per my supervisors." might be considered VERY seriously in your evaluation.

Initial the "offenses" you are going to acknowledge and commit to being more accurate in your work. Then request an explanation on the other "accusations" you don't feel as being true. This should be included in your file.

Don't make this personal. She is your boss. If she is a liar,then she lies about other people, too. If enough people draw this to the attention of her superiors,then action will be taken.