I need advice about a guy I want to talk to. Help please

Everytime I work up the courage to text him 'hey' I chicken out because I see the last message he sent me and I feel like I might be annoying and bothering him. I haven't text him in months but I wish I could. He didn't even give us a chance to be friends because he thought I was interested in him romantically but I was only interested in being friends. This is exactly what he said: Sorry for late response, it was rude of me. I've been trying not to lead you on while also being polite. I still am not looking for a girlfriend, and may be its better if we just stop texting. Sorry :/ So should I text him?? Advice please??

Looks like you honored his request that you not text him. And he didn't text back after all this time. I think he was honest with you - he is not looking for what you want. Texts are NOT how couples get and stay together. If you don't see this person IN PERSON often, it's hard to start up something. How about finding another guy - whom you see often and seems to want to start a friendship that could move into something more?