Forced out of university and I'm feeling depressed

Education advice Has anyone been in a similar situation?

I am now twenty-two, in Canada, and I had to leave University after my second year due to financial and medical issues.

I don't know my father, and my mother is on disability for epilepsy. My education was being funded by the government but there was some confusion about my residence and they refused to pay it, but by the time I found out they said they couldn't help me and I'd need to pay it myself.

But my University won't let me continue my education until I pay what I owe. Except finding a job here is near impossible without experience or a degree. At the best I have found temp jobs, but between no steady work and having to pay my student loans to the government, I haven't been able to put together the money.

During that time my two cats passed away. Then my girlfriend and I of three years broke up. Now my mother has cancer and I have to spend a lot of time helping her. Which I'm happy to, but it's still just piling on. My friends don't really talk to me much now because they're busy, and now a lot of them have just graduated, while I'm still here forced out of University. It seems like life is passing me by and I'm just in a hole without any help.

I am depressed, angry, and frustrated that it seems like nothing is going my way. I don't have any kind of help, from friends or family, and it just seems like things will never improve. I just don't know what to do. I'm still actively looking for a job, and I still want to return to University, but at the moment it just seems like things will never improve for me.

You have not been FORCED to leave your education. You are simply on a break while you take time to position yourself in a better place.

Get help with your mother. The Dr. can order home and health care help for her. It does NOT have to be you that will give her day-to-day assistance. Ask the hospital what other patients are doing for home care. This should NOT be on your shoulders and you are not qualified to take care of a female with cancer.

Spend this time exploring various work sites so when you do go back to school, you are SURE about your study course. Work at jobs that do not exhaust you. Instead, find a part time job that will teach you more about other people. That's how one gets empathy for others.

Your friends still need SOCIAL interactions, and you do too. So call them up and make that happen. That you are not in school should not affect your friendship, should it? (Unless they are snobs)