He has shut me out because he doesn't want children

Relationship advice I have been in a happy, stable relationship for over two years. My boyfriend is an extremely decent person, and I always felt very secure in his love. The only problem in our relationship was that he believed I wanted children, whereas he was not sure if he did. Over the last week, I noticed he had started to drink excessively and was complaining of stomach cramps. Then, out of the blue, he told me that we need to break up because he does not love me anymore. He said he had realised he definitely did not want more children, and since then, he has emotionally shut me out, and now he does not love me anymore. He said he cannot stand the guilt of not giving me children. I have seen him since then, and he is emotionally distant and cold. I am devastated, as I know he did genuinely love me previously. I have since decided it would be best for me not to have children, due to previous anxiety problems, but he says he does not believe I mean this, and he has already fallen out of love with me. Is it possible for him to love me again? Is there anything I can do?

How old are you two?

Was there something being said or done that made him think he was being pressured to have a child with you? Other friends having kids?

Has he given a reason for not wanting children? (disease/hereditary concerns? working on career? bad childhood? afraid of the commitment/responsibility? not ready for marriage?)

Why all this after 2 years? His pushing you away seems like an extreme reaction.

Is he willing to talk or has he closed the door?

Hello,
How many children does he already have? I would get out of this relationship and move on, rather than give him all of the control and power in determing how your life will be lived He is not acting like a mature person his reactions are really strange. If you truly want a marriage to include a family this is not the person for you.