What should I do?

Relationship advice I'm in a relationship with the boyfriend for couple of years now. we are in long-distance relationship. Recently my parents found out about us. i told them about him. he is having problems with finding a job right now. he is well-educated. he has not told his parents about us. my parents called him to meet him. he said okay but he doesn't want to go and meet them. he doesn't even want to tell his parents right now about us. but my parents want to meet him to know him better and they want to know soon if the guy is good or not. if not they want me to get married to someone else instead. he wants to tell his parents after 6 months when he gets his job and becomes stable and talk to his parents and then my parents. but as he already said that he'd meet my parents in this week, he is asking me to convince them not to meet him right now. i don't think my parents will feel convinced. they found out about him a year ago and still waiting to see if he is committed or not. so they finally made the call after a year. he said he wants to get married but right now he is not sure about anything and meeting parents is such a pressure. which side should i convince?

What should I do?

What are your ages?

How much time have YOU spent in person with him?

You really don't know him unless you spend time with him. Yes, he needs to meet your parents because you are spendiing so much energy on him.

Are you in a culture where there are arranged marriages? Why do your parents want you to get married so badly?

What should I do?

How old are u?
I see he has a point .. But i guess he should meet ur parents and tell them about his story.. U said they want to kno him better. This means they will not force him marry you right now. I mean make him introduce himself to ur family , wait 6 months . And if he didnt find a job for the next 6 months. He should tell his paretns about you. No matter what. Apologiaing will be nothing

What should I do?

I am 26 years old and he is 29 years old. we have known each other for 8 years. we have spent almost 2 years together and been in long distance ever since. I am from India. he recently finished his Medicines study. My parents wants to know him better and if they don't like him; look for another eligible man.

What should I do?

Yes, at least he needs to MEET your parents. There is no shame in "looking for a job" since he has a degree and it's a matter of time.

Is he ashamed about not having a job? This is not important NOW. What is important is that you get your parents ready for the future - IF you want to be with him.

You don't mention LOVE on either side. Do you both feel that this is the way to announce your intentions? I don't understand his hesitancy about at least MEETING your parents. Are you SURE he is marriage material? He does not sound like he is convinced.