Comparison

Education advice I'm 16. My entire life seems to be revolving around getting into a good university. Im a good student, but my classes are getting tougher and I'm trying my best to keep my gpa up. I'm giving my SATs in November. In short, I am stressed and scared. Every single minute of the day I'm consumed by crippling fear as to what will happen. Even if I don't get into the Uni I want, it's okay, but what's not okay is that in the process I keep comparing myself to others and end up upsetting myself. I am going to major in a STEM field (and I've wanted so for 2 years now). However, it's been a couple months since I'm reconsidering. I don't know if it'll truly make me happy. To be honest, I don't know what does. Traveling, maybe; I doubt I'll be able to make a career out of it. So in short: I am scared and keep comparing myself. Their best to my worst. And 2: I don't know if what I plan on doing in life will make me happy. I don't know what will.

Comparison

Don't compare yourself to others. Everyone is different. We all have different strengths and weaknesses. Relax. Breathe. And be yourself.
Do whatever makes you happy. Try new things. If it doesn't work out then you have a gain by learning something new. It's good to develop multiple skills that might help in other job descriptions and/or life in general

Comparison

Hello there, I don't think you are alone in what you are thinking. Because I don't think most 16 year old really know what to do or what will make them happy. In fact I know some 20 yr old and older who don't know, even some in their 30s. So don't dwell on that aspect too much. And some 16yr old don't even know if they want to go to college, but you know that much!

A lot of us compare, we compare our kids to others, our partners/husbands and even compare ourselves. There is always someone else that we are envious of, that we want to be as good as, or as tall as or as slim as a particular person.

Have you spoken to your parents how you are feeling? Maybe they can put your mind at ease and help you out before you take your exams in November

You are still so young, you have your whole life ahead of you :)

I hope you feel less anxious at your exams and I hope you do well and get the results you wish for.

Best of luck!