Noob - an insult or not?

RRG
on Aug 12 2015 at 15:47
Other advice hi guys hi girls

hope you are all well today,

Do you think that the word Noob should be regarded as an insult?

everyone use it in the games and anything. I want a good answer from you <33333 Modreator plz

what do you think??

thankss

Noob - an insult or not?

KLJN
on Aug 12 2015 at 16:28
I think with most names it's more about how they say it than the actual word itself, tone and intent are the insulting factors. Especially with "noob" it can even be endearing within the correct context. Of all the things people do call each other, especially within the gaming community I wouldn't say it's really a name to feel insulted over...naturally of course if it does bother you and you know the person who calls you it you should tell them so, otherwise they might not realise that they were hurting your feelings.

Noob - an insult or not?

KNOT2LOUD
on Aug 12 2015 at 16:35
Member since: 20 July 2015
No. It's merely a name for a new person on a forum or something similar to it. Sometimes it's used in context for the intention of the user to set himself "above" the person he is referring to. That type of behavior is more along the lines of pride, arrogance, self importance, whatever...

If someone calls you a noob... Ignore it. It stops eventually.

Noob - an insult or not?

RRG
on Aug 12 2015 at 17:16
OKK THANKS NOOBS :D

Noob - an insult or not?

on Aug 12 2015 at 20:14
"Newbie, newb, noob, n00b, noobie, n00bie, nooblet, or nub is a slang term for a novice or newcomer, or somebody inexperienced in any profession or activity."

Intention of the speaker is important. It can be a derogatory name-call or a harmless tease.

Noob - an insult or not?

MOODY_ONE
on Aug 13 2015 at 10:43
Member since: 25 November 2014
I had to read this to find out what the word meant. Don't worry as they say above.

I am often called Old git, dopey old man, grandad, all as terms of endearment

Noob - an insult or not?

SOULMATE (moderator)
on Aug 13 2015 at 13:25
Oopth! I'll be late for my own funeral, I will. "Soz".

Still, you got taken care of, that's the main thing.

Yours,

<33333 Modreator. (:-D)

Noob - an insult or not?

KNOT2LOUD
on Aug 13 2015 at 17:54
Member since: 20 July 2015
I'm a n00b. Yuk! Yuk! Yuk! :)

Noob - an insult or not?

SOULMATE (moderator)
on Aug 17 2015 at 01:39
LOL, you're a bonkers is what you are. :-D (but that's alright because you're in excellent company!)