What was the point of me coming to the U.S.A?

So, I was born in Mexico, but my family came to the U.S.A (Please note: We came here legally, I just put this so people won't think I'm an illegal) to supposedly look for new opportunities. I have been living in the U.S.A my entire life since I was 1 yr old, and as I was growing up, I started to ask myself: "What was our goal?" I learned from my family that as soon as I graduate high school, we are simply going back to Mexico. As soon as I learned that, I protested to the Idea, since this all felt like a major waste of time. So then I asked my family: "We are going back to Mexico to do what?" My family said: " To take care of the farm" I face-palmed so hard inside my head I felt like I was going to explode from anger. All my hard work in school was to run a farm this entire time? I still protested against the Idea, since I was not letting the farm win against my education. I have bigger dreams than a mere farm. I will go to a university to become more than a farmer, travelling around the world in search of a place that I can proudly, without hesitation, call home. Mexico may have been my country of birth, but it will never truly be my home. I refuse to go back there. Curious to know why I won't go back there? The reason for this is because my family built a slightly bigger home than anyone else's in the village. So now everyone in the village thinks I'm a rich spoiled kid. It really is unnerving to know that when I go outside in the village everyone thinks my pockets are loaded with money. But I have a feeling that Mexico will always be haunting me forever, as if it is trying to chain me to itself. Also, I feel like I'm beginning to loose my sanity by the day as all my friends transferred to a different school so now I have no one to rely on for help. Well the future can be pretty unpredictable so I'll just wait and see where this goes. Thank you for reading! Have a great day!

Well ur an adult do what ever makes u happy. Just because ur parents are going back doesn't mean u have to. I do realize it may be different and scary for u to stay here on ur own but do what u want to do love and be what u want to be not what others want u to be.

The "point" was for you to get a good education and for you to realize that yes - you DID have some advantages that others in your home town did not have. The "point" is: now, - what are you going to do with all this? Come back to your hometown and be a successful farmer, thus building up your own community by providing new jobs for people, helping set up good schools, thus helping them get a better standard of life? OR Talk your parents into supporting you to continue on with higher education. (You don't mention what you are interested in) Try to formulate a plan that you can bring to your parents. Help them see that this is an investment in the future. It sounds like your parents want you to take over the family's property. How old are they?