He is joining the military

Long Distance Relationship advice I been dating this guy for a year, it does not seem like much but we known each other longer. We were best friends for several years before actually going out and have a complicated history. I have never had a relationship like this one, he is my everything and I am emotionally dependent on him. When we started dating he had told me how much he wanted a career in the military. Before getting into a relationship with him i was in a never ending war with my parents because they never let me do what i worked for, like go to a good college or study abroad. So when he first asked my opinion about the situation i couldn't tell him not to go when i knew how bad it feels to not do what you want. When he signed the papers to join the military i cried like a baby for 2 weeks, and i couldn't focused on him and his company but instead in the fact that my time with him is limited. As time passed i fell more for him and i couldn't control my feelings knowing that won't see him for a long time. We have talked about it, if we are sure that we want to wait for each other, but we are to attached to break up. In around 4 weeks he is leaving and i wont speak to him or see him or have any contact with him for 3 months the he will come back for 10 days and leave and talk to him only weekends for a month, then we can communicate freely and he will visit every three months for 4 years. Just thinking of that breaks my heart and makes me feel so weak, i don't know if I am strong enough for this, but i love him too much to break up with him. I won't find someone like him or have a relationship like this one. I just cant handle it anymore and i have been crying non stop, but he cant back down now, and he is very excited about it. We talked marriage but i also have goals that i cant let go of, and this is the hardest thing ever, cause i love him very much. Sometimes i just want someone to tell me that we will make it and that everything is going to be fine.

He is joining the military

When I was 17, my BF went into the service and I cried for 2 days and felt sick. But I pulled myself together and took care of MYSELF in terms of school and health.

It will help if - when he comes out of basic training - he sees you healthy and going on with life. You will be much more attractive to him, then.

Don't make any promises to each other at this point. Just enjoy one another and what will be, will be.

Trust yourself and set high goals for YOURSELF. If he's worthy, then he will reach your new level, too.