Do I tell him the truth?

KERCHAK
Relationship advice I recently broke up with my bf (about 5 months ago) and he has since gotten a new girlfriend. I lied to him about why I broke it off.

I told him that I felt chemistry with another man and that I was worried he was going to cheat on me again. I also said that him travelling down to see me would become a burden and I didn't want that.

The real reason is that I feel he deserves better than me. I want him to experience uni to the fullest and I'm broken. Do I tell him the truth? Or save him the pain and hassle?

Do I tell him the truth?

QBORO
on Mar 1 2016 at 18:56
Do not tell him this. Sorry but you need to go no contact until you're self aware and independently happy. He has a new gf now and you would only be intruding and saying something that you hope he will see as a reason to get back together with you. That's selfish and the girl he's with now doesn't need to have the ex gf expressing her true feelings after 5 months.

Do I tell him the truth?

KERCHAK
on Mar 1 2016 at 20:02
Dear QBORO,

Even if the girlfriend is new? Only started dating this February from what I can tell.