I've been shamed and humiliated - Help!

SHAMED
on Mar 17 2016 at 10:14
Other advice Hi everyone!

I've been an exhibitionist for last 10 years and I've recently been exposed for what I am. All my friends found out what I've been doing and that broke me down mentally so much I had to be hospitalized for 2 months in a mental hospital. I've been humiliated and shamed to a point where I just want to disappear or be dead. I don't know how to cope with all this pain I feel, Its like I'll never have a normal life and won't be able to go to work since I don't want to be found out by coworkers later on. I can't relax and its constantly on my mind, I can't sleep, I lost appetite and I cry all the time.I was thinking about suicide but I just cant hurt the ones I love. I would really just want to be dead because of all this pain and shame I feel.

Does anyone know how to cope with my situation since its very frustrating and hopeless? Thanks!

I've been shamed and humiliated - Help!

SILVIAGIRL
on Mar 17 2016 at 18:07
Member since: 09 April 2015
*hugs* I'm hoping you're getting help. Talking this all over with a therapist I think would be highly beneficial.

Beyond that, honestly, if you had a normal life *before*, why would this change things? If anything, your behavior is better (right, because your behavior is under control), so if things were good before, they should be *better* now.

Also, most people care less about stuff like this than we think they do...and are more forgiving than we think they are.

I've been shamed and humiliated - Help!

SOULMATE (moderator)
on Mar 17 2016 at 20:01
"Also, most people care less about stuff like this than we think they do...and are more forgiving than we think they are."

Yup and Yup. You'll be last week's news soon, SHAMED. Just as soon as some other juicy gossip gets generated.

But - in the interests of [1] nosiness, [2] a need-to-know in order to advice/suggest effectively, and [3] nosiness (;-)) - what are we talking about, exhibitionism-wise? Did it by any chance involve parks or woods? (PS remember you're completely and utterly impossible to identify over the ether, no matter WHAT you did that you assume is so unique.)

Tell me what (or near-enough what via hints) you got exposed for and then I and others will be able to make useful damage-limitation or -avoidance suggestions.

Human Problem = Human Solution always available somehow, somewhere.

I've been shamed and humiliated - Help!

SHAMED
on Mar 18 2016 at 13:05
Thank you guys for your reply. Much appreciated!

I'm also suffering from psoriasis thats why I was healing my condition by the river with sunlight. Through time I got comfortable being naked where others can see me and slowly became an exhibitionist. I've done it on some more public places but mostly by the river.

I've been shamed and humiliated - Help!

SOULMATE (moderator)
on Mar 21 2016 at 00:22
Oh for goodness' sake. You're not an exhibitionist, you're just a NATURIST! *And* for bona fide self-medication reasons, originally!

Big deal.

So which of your friends have such a giant problem with that?

I've been shamed and humiliated - Help!

UNICORNKITTY
on Mar 22 2016 at 13:47
It only really matters what you think of yourself hun. You have to just get to a certain point where you think that others opinions of you are none of your business. It's very hard to get to that point...especially in our society.

Is anyone ACTIVELY shaming you or threatening to call you out or something? Or is it more like you are afraid that someone will? We often make things so freaking huge in our minds, but then the reality comes and it's nothing like that.

I mean it's not like your a nudist or something! But even if you were BIG DEAL...that's your choice. And they can all just take a flying leap. They are just really deep down jealous that you are so comfortable in your own skin. And I personally applaud you for that!

You are smart, beautiful, strong, and aware of your individuality...and if they can't deal with it then it is their problem NOT yours. You just do you!

I've been shamed and humiliated - Help!

SKINNYGIRL
on Mar 22 2016 at 15:18
Member since: 06 July 2015
When you say you're an exhbitionsit do you mean you like to expose yourself in public inappropriately for a reaction or do you mean you like being nude as in "nude sun bathing"? There are millions of Nudist who enjoy this lifestyle. Explain what you mean by being exhibitionist?

I've been shamed and humiliated - Help!

FIBERGUY
on Mar 27 2016 at 03:40
It sounds to me that this should be not be an issue as long as you harming someone else. Who hives a damn what people think. It has been forgotten by most people. Very few people really care unless you are doing illegal things. Cheer up!

I've been shamed and humiliated - Help!

CLUELESS24/7
on Mar 27 2016 at 11:40
Whoever had an issue with this did you a favor , they was never your friend . Do what makes you happy , forget about the ppl who can't do anything but cut other people

Down to make themselves feel better . Get back to the sun baking , he'll where ya at I'll give ya company and nobody will ever come close enough to see you again , if they do see us I'll make them die of shock so no worries lol jk , but really do your thing , don't change for anyone .