Hopeless

Im on my early 20s i have lived in the U.S all of my life. i was born in mexico tho i was brought to the U.S since i was 4. i attended elementary,middle and high school in the U.S.Now that i graduated high school i cannot move foward in life since im still an illegal imigrant. i know nothing of mexico i cannot see myself living somewere else besides the united states so i have tried to convince myself of just working a deadend job for the rest of my life... since i cant attend college. i feel like i could do so much more with my life. im just cornered and i hate it. all the friends i've made are all moving foward and all i can do i jsut stand and watch as they move up in life. i hate my life. my only choice is marriage but who would want to be with someone workign a deadend job and be willing to go through all that legalicazion progress. even i think it would be a waste of time for someone to be with me. i need to get this out of my chest.

Hopeless

Hi....as I'm not familiar with American Law at all, I googled and I came across something that might help you its a program that was set up called Obama program of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. I don't know if this refers to your situation but here is a clip from the article. (not sure if I can post this here, apologies if not permitted)

To qualify for the Obama program of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, a child must have come here before age 16 AND have been here since June 15, 2007. The child must have been under 31 on June 15, 2012. Under the proposed immigration reform legislation, children who came here before age 16, who were here prior to December 31, 2011, qualify for Dreamer status no matter their current age. Dreamers get the same benefits as other RPIs. They can work here and travel abroad. Dreamers who received a U.S. high school degree or Graduate Equivalency Diploma who then completed at least two years of a bachelor’s program or served four years in the military can get green cards after only five years in RPI status.

It may or may not help but do more research, don't just sit back and accept this is it! If you have drive and ambition to do better for yourself, well thats half the battle. Lots have the availability and access and don't have the desire to do anything! So go check out what you are entitled to and then you won't have to hide or end up just settling because you think you are not worth it. Because you ARE worth it!

Best of luck

Hopeless

I Have looked into the DACA program but i just do not qualify since my mother made me renew my visa in 2013. I will keep looking, i will not give up.

Thank you all so much! I appreciate your kind words, I will look more deeply in the matter. I just needed a little push.

Hopeless

Agree with WINTERSUN- Educate yourself on all US Government Programs dealing with minor children entering the Country. Don't assume anything find out. You should contact an Immigration Help Center as an resource. Why is it you can graduate from High School but can't attend a college ( like community college which is less expensive than a 4 yr University.

Immigration is also a political issue and will be debated in this years Presidential Election. Understanding the politics surrounding immigration is important. REpublicans are against immigration reform. Democrats are for immigration reform.

NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!!