When is platonic love something more?

I don't know what it is but.. When I think of Love I think of My male friends, particularly one who might get creeped out that I'm posting this. I actually cried last night when I realised I hadn't seen him in 6 years. We're in contact every day but I'm scared I'll never see Him again because he's so far away. I think I even choked a bit. I have never felt so much pain in a while , it's incredible actually. I stayed up all night bawling my eyes out thinking up disastrous situations that might get in the way. I was also sad because I'll never find a person who's just like Him. Maybe I'm crazy but I'd rather have him as a friend forever than a temporary girlfriend.. When I think of Him , I feel like I should improve My life so that by the time We meet again I'll have a lot of positive things to say. I want to be the fun girl that He knew but life has had other plans for Me. It's like I want to see him soon... but don't. Because He'll know as soon as He sees Me that something is different. We are unbelievably close without trying I'm confused now

When is platonic love something more?

I meant, I'd rather have him as a friend forever than be his temporary girlfriend

When is platonic love something more?

There's lots of kinds of love, and it's great to be inspired by someone who pays attention to you. What a great friend! Yes, 6 years IS a long time, but you sound like you have stayed in contact (skype?) so all is not lost. If this continues to weigh on you, you might want to talk to a counselor. You don't want this to become an exaggerated feeling for you. Also, it's not fair to him to have this much pressure on him to keep you feeling good. He wants to hear that you are doing well and succeeding in your education and life. Take the inspiration, and move ahead.u What activities, work or play makes you feel fulfilled?