No love in my luck

I have found my relationships to never work out the way I want them to. I have made improvements over the years but I never got very far in the love department. Recently, I found someone who I feel connected with and isn't either touchy nor emotionalless. However, he is leaving fairly soon out of the city to follow his practice and make a career out of it. Thinking about it just makes me extremely down and alittle scared of what will happen. In the past, I was betrayed by certain male friends and am now entirely resentful of dates. I feel like I am safe with him but I can't tell him I am scared for him to leave because this is his dream. I will never get in the way of that. I asked him what would we do when he leaves and he simply replied that we try and make it work as long distance...but that I also remain open for others. That is something I do not know can be done. What can I do?

No love in my luck

'but that I also remain open for others." That's his way of "don't wait for me, go on with your life" It sounds like he is going to be VERY busy when he moves with career and getting settled in. Why don't you just wait and take this one day at a time? You can always visit, you know.