How to be more open? Should I come out to my best friend?

LGBT advice I'm 22 years old and it takes me forever to finally tell girls that I like them. I waited so long to tell the girl I currently like how I felt, that's now she's in a relationship with someone else. and I feel so stupid because I always do it. she told me that if I would be more open about my sexuality(only select people know I'm a lesbian) and if I don't look for love I'll find it. it's so hard for me to tell people that I like them because, I always used to get laughed at or have it thrown back in my face. and when I say I'm out to select people, I mean couple friends and that's it. No one in my family knows, hell my best friend doesn't know (and he's gay too). I went to tell that I'm a lesbian, but he gossips a lot (it's not as bad since we got out of high school). I would tell him, but he works to this grocery my mom shops to; and I'm afraid that he will tell her that I'm a lesbian. I don't think my mom would care (she has gay friends), but I would feel awkward because I still live at home and it might be different having a gay child. how can I be more open about my sexuality? should I tell my best friend that I'm gay? what should I do? any tips or ideas are welcome

There is no need to "announce" anything.

What you DO need to do is be more social.

Then you will meet people and from there, you can work up the courage to approach a person who also gives you those "signals".

That's how it's done. No matter if you are gay or not.