Afraid to tell him I want to go to school.. Across the country

Relationship advice My boyfriend is wanting to go into the military, and I support him very much. I would support him no matter what, because it is his life and "his choice."
Now, I am afraid he isn't going to support me... I want to move from the East to the West to go to school, and that's thousands of miles away from here. How should I tell him? He gets upset easily and might even try and stop me... or even break-up with me for it.. How should I go about this?

Just tell him. There is no point in using tactics to tell him, just come out a say it. If it is your dream then follow it. You will kick yourself for years if you don't.

He will go into the military and be away for training, then assigned a tour of duty, somewhere.

Are you expected to put your life on "hold" for him?

Go to school, wherever you can get the best education. This guy's future is NOT more important than yours.

If you run into each other after your both have done your "thing" then start up again, older and wiser.