Considering leaving father's company for my own

Ok. So ive worked for my father for almost a year now. When I came onboard he had a handful of clients and was under the radar. When I came along we became a LLC, and I was promised that while I physically fulfilled orders, he would be out marketing for more clients to keep consistent business and keep me working. In 1 year, I still only see that same handful or clients, and very little effort has been made to create more. Last week, he asked if I would like to go out and market in days that I don't have jobs scheduled. This really got me thinking. To go back a little, my father has very little financial needs, he has created a low-maintenance lifestyle for himself that he enjoys, and I admire him for that. This is why when he was working by himself a handful of clients was plenty, and he says "the phone rang when it needed to" I however would like to build a business that thrives. I would like the phone to ring TOO much, and have to hire more employees to keep up with the demand. My confliction is this: i feel i shouldnt have to market and do the work for a base pay. If i work for a client that I brought onboard, i feel i should be compensated accordingly for each job. He does not. So i want to take his idea and start my own business, meanwhile still completing work for his business. I would not market any clients that he had originally. Is this a slap in the face? Am i being unreasonable? My fear is that he will think i just want to steal his ideas and cut him out, but i just want to create the life i want for me and my family. There are no legal ramifications for doing this, only personal ones. My father and I have a great relationship, and i don't want this to effect that.

What is your commitment to this company? You said "we" formed an LLC. Who is the "we"? Right now, it sounds like he is the "owner.' Tell your dad that you'd like to open a company and hire him as a part-time person. Then you can do what and how much you want.

I say we just because 1 i did the paperwork and 2 because it only happened when i came on. He IS the owner. Thing is i know he wants to keep his company running, which is why i planned to work for both companies. I am (for tax purposes) considered an independent contractor anyway, not an employee