I'm scared to help in this family crisis

Last year, only a few days ago, my older cousin Katy took too many drugs and feel down a flight of apartment stairs and got her neck caught in the railing, depriving her of breathing for twenty minutes. She was found passed out, and eventually, her coma was fatal. Jamie, my moms sister, has tried to kill herself on drugs and has done unhealthy searching around the area of the complex, saying she needs to know what happened. This is going on in oregon while I am in CA. Jamie says she's been doing better... she's even coming to visit us today... Her other daughter, Jillian, is coming too.

My mother says she may be depressed, involved in drugs, and was kicked out of school and I am scared to meet her. My moms therapist says that my sister and I should help her heal and I don't know how to do that.... I feel like the weights only shoulders, and I'm gonna screw everything up.. I'm sorry I sound selfish... my mom is making assumptions %100 and she tends to get over nervous about things like that... she's probably not doing any of that but it's got me worked up...

Claire, I'm so sorry no-one responded! It's because you yourself posted, which made it appear you'd had a response from someone here already. How did the visit go in the end? (You don't sound selfish, btw. Quite the opposite.)

It turned out that this worry was completely foolish! Gillian was literally one of the sweetest and most mature people I have ever met! Hah! I feel a bit guilty after writing all of the above, she was amazing and sweet! It was an amazing visit! Thank you!

Good, glad your imagination didn't reflect the coming reality (never does, actually - remember that). :-)