Guilt for dad destroying me

Other advice I used to post in this forum a lot in the past. To recap my dad gambled everything. He abused my mither and bullied my sisters but would open up to me and tell me how bad his life was. All my sisters were taken back to his pakistan and forced to get married. A few years ago I had enough of him and got him one way ticket to pakistan. I kinda fooled him into going. He came back but I rented him a room. He was really upset about not being allowed in my house and often cried to me. This hurt me alot. He has since then returned bsck to Pakistan butoften talks of returning. Since feb of this year I started gambling. So far lost about 8k. I try to stop then think of him and feel guilty, pity and anger and then relapse.
How can I stop?
I have a good job and a beautiful family.But I cant stop those feelings. What do I do??

Guilt for dad destroying me

"guilty, pity and anger and then relapse."

Yes - that's the cycle of addiction (I'll add shame to the list, too)

Counseling is needed. Gambler's Anonymous is a free self-help group.

Please get some help. You took steps to protect yourself from this toxic man and make a better life for your family. If this man was not your father you would not even give him any attention.

Learn to detach from him - with love. Learn to not get pulled into his guilt-loading.

Set yourself free. Then you won't have to lose yourself into gambling to get away from the pain.

Guilt for dad destroying me

Thank you for the wise words

Guilt for dad destroying me

How do I detach?

Guilt for dad destroying me

Reads to me like you have handled the situation with your father in a fair way! As a Christian who reads the Bible often and finds much wisdom in it I am wondering if you have ever read the Bible. The 4th of the 10 Commandments tells us that we are to honor our father and mother. But. the Bible also tells us in the book of Ephesians 6:4 that fathers are not to exasperate their children. I think a good helping of prayer about both sides of the problem would be a good practice. Do you ever pray? If you have a desire to stop gambling, as I hope that you do, you can contact Celebrate Recovery at http://www.celebraterecovery.com, they have many resources to help you stop gambling. You could also contact Gamblers Anonymous at http://www.gamblersanonymous.org for help with your problem. I am praying for a happy outcome to your situation. Let me know about your success.