Going to a concert with my parent

Other advice My Grandmother found a way to get Twenty One Pilots tickets for me in a couple of months. My mom doesn't want me to go alone. So she wants to go with me. It's my first concert and I don't know what to think about this. My sister is coming too. Neither of them are fans. And I just feel it would be awkward.
I don't want to sound immature, but I think I'm a bit embarrassed. But maybe only because I don't know what to expect. We'll probably end up having a great time I just am thinking it's a bit awkward to be with two that aren't even fans, I just don't want to be scared to freak out. Since I would be the only one. Sorry that this is a bit hastily written I am about to board a flight. Which I'm extremely excited about!

Going to a concert with my parent

Go and ejoy yourself.

What other people do/act is their business.

They wouldn't go if they weren't at least interested.

Going to a concert with my parent

I realize it's weird going to certain events with your parents and siblings, but at least you will have someone there with you for your first concert. Things can get scary when you just jump into them alone.

The only concert I've ever really been to in my life so far, I went with my parents. It was kind of a 'ha-ha' funny concert, but was surprisingly well-done for the locale and the act. In more recent years my parents went with me to some stand-up comedy shows, and surprisingly it went over well even when there were some raunchier jokes. There are some things you just don't want to hear about when your parents are in the same room, but I was relieved at how well they handled it.

It's your first concert. Go and support the band you like, and have a fun day of it. It might not be the ideal way in which you pictured yourself going to this concert, but at least you're gonna get to go - and that's pretty awesome. (Y)