Housemate has changed now I'm in a relationship

Relationship advice I think i need to give a little bit of history.

The housemate i am living with was my ex about 13 years. It didn't work out but we remained friends and good friends at that.

I lived down south for years and transferred back to the city that me and my ex used to live in. She still lives here. So the idea was that i stay at hers short term and get a flat myself.

In the interim years i came out as gay which kind of knocked her for six but i thought we'd got over that.

However we got on well enough we thought it would be a good idea to share a house which at first it was fine

Until i met someone and we started going out. Now this person is transgender. Going through the process of male to female transition.

My housemates attitude changed a lot. Very quiet. Would not mention their name...Acting jealous and getting on my case about little things i hadn't done.

Anyway we had a fight one night about it all managed to clear the air but in order to save my relationship with my housemate i stepped away from my relationship ship with 'Emily'

And everything was fine. Until i started seeing Emily again .

It's all gone south at home. I spend a lot of time at Emily's as you would when you are with a in a romantic relationship

My relationship with my housemate has broken down. I try to talk to her and she replies in very curt responses. Never asks me about Emily. Almost like she doesn't exist.

I pay rent. Utilities. Etc on time but I'm not there much but do feel like the house is hers and only hers.

Its a very awkward situation.

Any ideas?

I'd agree that it seems a lot like the roommate is jealous. I could be wrong, but from what you're describing, it sure seems like it.

Which is natural! I mean, I don't really want to hear about my ex's love life. (Far less live with him.) It's possible, too, that the roommate/ex has an easier time with a not-her-gender love than her own. (As she sees dudes as "not your thing", while when it's a woman, suddenly she wasn't enough for you.)

I have no idea. But, honestly, it sounds miserable. Really miserable. If it were me, I'd look for a new roommate. (I mean, be polite until then and spend lots of time with Emily, but ugh. Your situation sounds super awkward.)

Your stay was supposed to be short term. Its now time to leave.

Zxpt9