Mistress in making but unprepared

I've messed up. I was being flirted with in Oct 2015 - Dec 2015 by my then next door neighbours married son. I know things are rough at home. I wanted to help. Then he cut me off. I become an object for his brother to touch. It sent me round the bend. I fell for both. However, Feb 2017 the married one reconnected with me. We spoke, and told each other how we felt. He didn't want to hurt me despite the issue. I don't make a habit of going after married men. And he chased me both times. I slept with him, I know it was stupid. But as I am aware of his situation I thought we'd help each other. He is 19 yrs older than me. We are both adults. Afterwards we spoke for a further week. Then he went quiet again. I think there could be more, but I've sent several messages to him of me ranting. I didn't want to but, I'm lost. I think I love him. Do you think if I leave it a while, and contact him (after the 3 month rule), and I've calmed down that he may speak at least? Or am I wasting my time and energy? I just want to understand why he keeps coming after me then going silent . He's 52 and I'm 33, and I'm sure we could be friends if he stopped messing with my mind. If you need more back story I can update.

Mistress in making but unprepared

Oh my dear. You are going down the wrong path by chasing this man. He got what he wanted, he is not making any more moves to involve you. Yes - don't contact him for 3 months. Date other men. Try to move on. This relationship is not going anywhere.

Mistress in making but unprepared

This relationship never had a happy ending type of future. He is a married man who only contacted you when he desired. You need to move on and stop thinking about him. He already has a family, a future to think about. You need to go out, date others and think about your present and future.