35M girl asked my contact but gave up when she knew the age gap

I was in a zoom meeting and a friend of a friend asked my contact from her. When this common friend told me about her, she said that this girl "liked me." I added her and we talked for 2 days. But one of the first things she asked me was my age. I told her I'm 35 and she told me she is 21. I found her really pretty. But the next day she opened the game that she couldn't see herself with me because of the age gap. I told her that I know many couples that have a big age gap but she thinks that that is a sign of desperation. I completely respect her decision, but then why did she felt attracted to me in the first place? I have felt attraction to older and younger women before, but so far I have never found a woman who liked me mutually.

Why do you find this so unusual? She had standards ( a guy her own age) and you didn’t fit. This wasn’t about you, at all. Do you wonder why you are not able to connect with either young or older women? Dig deeper into this. Consider therapy to help you find out what this “ wall” is that prevents you from having what you want.