6 yrs together and it all vanished in a month, a year later and I'm still so sad

Relationship advice Me and my gf of 6 yrs lived together, I bought a house which we had lived in for three years and also got a dog that we adopted together.. I had a friend/ coworker that was going thru a rough patch with her gf and was a bit lonely. She was cool and we got along great at work , so I decided to invited her over one day just so we can hang out. She knew my gf, and everything was cool. The three of us started hanging out together, going places, hanging out at my house, we even went to Disneyland together, she brought her almost ex with her. It was all fun and games until one day we were celebrating my gf bday, and I saw a text from my gf on this girls phone that said, " ended so you can be with me" . I was devastated, when I confronted her she denied it and as the days passed by I trusted her less and less... Needless to say we broke up and she ended up packing her stuff and throwing our life away so she could be with this girl. Although she never admitted in the beginning to want to leave me for her, recently ( 8 months after we broke up) she finally told me she is in a relationship with her. It has been almost a year and I still wonder why. The girl she left me for works for my same company and has told everyone about the situation saying that my gf started it all and that things are the way they are and that is not her fault. I'm so tired of listening to "news" about them every other day. It is so hard to deal with it, everyone knows about it, everyone talks about it, she claims to be the victim. I have no idea what to do or how to feel anymore. And my now ex has even reached out since the day she left. We contacted at the beginning of the break up to kind of share our dog, but it was too much, I was too hurt so I finally decided to tell her that she couldn't pick him up anymore.
I'm not sure why after everything that she has put me thru, I still love her. I'm still crying for her, I can't sleep, can't eat. I feel soon sad and empty all the time.

Unfortunately you can not make some love you. In any relationship we all run the risk of being hurt. You have to come to terms with this is who she is and the relationship she wants. After 6rs- did your GF ever exhibit lesbian behavior? My guess is your co-worker wants to appear she played no part-she did. Why after year is this still news?

Is there a chance of you changing jobs? Is there other departments you could transfer into?

Have no all communication block her cell/social media accounts. Make a point to keep busy as best you can get with other friends,volunteer, join a gym make every effort to fill your time.

It takes time to recover from being betrayed. The saying "When One Door Closes Another Will Open" is true -.